IATE Anti-Racism Covenant
We agree to the following:
- Racism is a trauma and we can’t be a trauma-informed organization and not acknowledge the impact of racism
- Our organization agrees that this is the definition of racism: Racism = Race predjudice + power
- We prioritize Bodichitta: loving-kindness and compassion in all of our activities
- We respect each other
- We listen to each other with an open mind and heart
- We prioritize communicating and giving feedback with loving-kindness, compassion, respect, and clarity, prioritizing feelings and needs language.
- We practice communal care - don't struggle alone, ask for help from your Sangha
- We remain present and engaged, and practice self-connection when triggered
- We are committed to accountability and ownership
- We offer grace to ourselves and to each other
- We honor the humanity of all people and the inherent value of all sentient life.
- We examine & transform Internalized Racial Oppression
- We understand there is no quick fix - Transformation and healing from IRO is ongoing and is a life-long commitment
- Our anti-racism work focuses on the effects of White Supremacy. We call a thing, a thing!
- We enthusiastically commit to “DO THE WORK” and Trust The Process